Dutch Reformed Church
Dr Andries Hoffman
Ds Deon Scharneck
The relevant Curatorium will provide a confirmation letter of the student’s registration to attach with the application.
Welcome to the Dutch Reformed Church
Theological Bursary Fund
The following information is important for the bursary applicant:
General Information | Instructions
- Only students who meet the following conditions will be eligible for a grant from this scholarship fund:
- Only students currently studying or intending to study at the Theological Faculty of the University of the Free State qualify to be eligible for a grant from this fund.
- Students who are members of one of the following churches: the Dutch Reformed Church, URCSA or the NGKA , and intend to be full time active in the ministry of said churches, may be eligible for a grant from this fund.
2. Students are required to reapply for a scholarship each year.
3. Scholarships vary depending on the needs of each applicant. Each application of the applicant is treated on merit and only granted with consultation of the Board of Trustees of the Theological Faculty. Scholarships are granted for a maximum of six study years.
4. Payments are advanced half yearly upon receipt of your latest exam results and are subject to your adequate progress in academics and Seminary progress.
5. The disbursements of the granted scholarship will be discontinued in the case the student misbehaves or that he/she does not show adequate progress under standard circumstances.
6. The student forfeits the grant for the year following the one in which, under standard circumstances, the student does not pass his/her examination. The student can only be granted for the duration of the degree.